We set off with 5 filled Ikea bags and came back with only one! As soon as we stepped out of the car we were absolutely SWARMED, people were grabbing stuff out of the boot before we even managed to take it out of the car! As we managed to get it out, we got off to a flying start and were selling and selling and selling - YES! Although it was fun, at times it was difficult to keep up and as this was my first ever car boot sale, it was even harder to instantly put a price on some items. I mean some of them were literally brand new with tags and I was skeptical about letting them go for as little as £1.50 - £2. That being said, it is a car boot sale so I guess it just had to be done.
All in all we managed to make £100 which was wayyy beyond my expectations. If you want to make a bit of extra cash quickly, I would DEFINITELY recommend it. As they say, one mans rubbish is another mans treasure and this is so true when it comes to car boot sales! If you're thinking about it, go for it! As a little guide and for some help, I've included some tips that I learnt from today for you guys :)
1. Dont rule ANYTHING out when trying to find items to sell. As I mentioned before, what you think is rubbish, another person may absolutely treasure.
2. KNOW your prices before you get there. Car booters already know their price before they get there and if you know you're prices, they know you're certain. It also just makes you look like you know what you're doing... unlike me today!
3. Keep your eyes peeled and bring a member of family or a friend with you. If you've got a lot of stuff and you're on your own, its harder to keep an eye out for your things and become more of a target.
4. Bring some change. Always good to have a bit of change on you to start with!
5. Wrap up and bring some TEA!! If you're at an outside car boot sale, this is a great shout! This was literally the best thing we did!!
6. If you can, get there early - the amount of buyers seemed to really die down towards the afternoon!
7. Enjoy it! Have some fun with the car booters and dont be scared to start of at a high price. If they really want it, they'll stick around until they are happy with the price.
Happy Car Booting!